March 13, 2020
To our Decathlon family:
The safety and health of our community is our highest priority. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our friends and families around the world, we want to share some important steps that we’re taking to protect our customers, our teammates and our community.
As you know, this is a rapidly evolving issue, so please know that we are monitoring the situation closely and following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local public health agencies.
Our Stores & Workplaces
- We have increased cleaning and sanitization measures in our retail stores, warehouse and offices. We also offer common-sense amenities like hand sanitizer at our entry/exit doors to do our best to mitigate risk.
- Our stores are already equipped with as much “low touch” technology as possible, with express payment options that means you can pay with your phone or smartwatch. We also have robots that help with our shelf inventory, minimizing contact with our products.
- Starting Monday, 03/16, the new hours for our Market Street location will be: 10:30am-7:30pm (Monday-Saturday) and 10:30am-7pm (Sunday).
- At this time, our Potrero & Emeryville stores remain open under normal business hours, and our e-commerce shop is open at Decathlon.com. Should the risk level increase, we will keep you informed about any other adjusted hours of operation.
- We take pride in protecting the health and safety of our employees, and have added extra measures to ensure they practice social distancing, wash their hands frequently and stay at home if they or their family are feeling unwell.
- We have cancelled all non-essential business travel and large group meetings related to our business at this time.
The shared sense of responsibility from everyone is what will help the most in dealing with COVID-19, and Decathlon is dedicated to doing the right thing to protect the well-being of our communities. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
All our best,
Decathlon USA CEO