Men's All-Mountain Snowboard Boots Double Cable Lock Foraker 700
2 powerful wheel-and-cable tightening zones.
Men's All-Mountain Snowboard Boots Double Cable Lock Foraker 700 designed for experienced to expert snowboarders seeking both foot support and superior rigidity for use on-piste and off-piste.
Two powerful wheel and cable fastenings: one at the bottom of the boot for very good foot support, the other at the top of the boot to wedge the tibia perfectly.
Ergonomic 15 mm heel wedge. 2-zone fastening: very good support at high speeds.
Easy to open/close
Double Cable Lock: a tightening wheel for each zone, easier and more precise.
Medium-rigid flex for high-precision board steering at high speed.
EVA sole (80% air) to insulate from the cold ground.
Firm foam for a good comfort/support compromise. Thermoformable liner.
Ultralight sole, large studs and good grip on all snow types.
Ultralight EVA sole (80% air) for a lightness and cushioning.
A word from the product manager
For the Foraker 700 model, we began with the Foraker 500 to which we added stiffness and support, particularly in the liner by using the Weblock technology.
The uncoupled, 2-zone tightening, with 2 wheels and cables, ensures very powerful tightening in each fastening zone, adjusted independently.
Why the name
Mount Foraker is the 2nd highest mountain in Alaska. It rises to 17,402 feet and is located in the Denali National Park. We have named our men's boots after it, indicating the different levels with the numbers 300, 500 and 700, corresponding to how well they support the foot. Indeed, the faster you go, the greater the pressure applied to the board through your boot: So you're foot must be supported sufficiently in the boot to minimise disruptive incorrect foot movements.
Double Cable Lock tightening system
- Double Cable Lock: 2 very powerful fastening wheels with cable.
- 2 tightening zones: the force applied by the 1st wheel is concentrated on the instep for superior support, and the 2nd wheel, located at the top, eliminates any unnecessary shin movements inside the snowboard boots.
The flex of the Foraker 500 ranges from medium to rigid.
Compared to the Foraker 500, it offers better board control on hard slopes at full speed, and is also more robust on landing after big jumps.
The uncoupled tightening system allows you to adjust tightness around the tibia: a tighter fit will make the boot stiffer for on-piste use, freeriding and freestyle jumps, while a slightly looser fit is better for less intensive runs and more playful freestyle (flat, jib) use.
Heel support: level 3 liner
Foot support is essential when snowboarding in order to correctly steer the board. The foot must be well supported in the liner, and the liner well supported in the boot.
The level 3 liner applies 5 concepts:
1. - Thermoformable liner,
2. Ergonomic heel pad ankle foam,
3. 3-point liner fastening,
4. Wide hook & loop link between the liner and boot,
5. Double foam: double layer of foam at the tongue on the instep, for support and comfort.
Autonomous liner thermoforming
- Preheat your oven to 175°F.
- Remove the hygiene insoles from the liners and put the liners on a sheet of normal baking paper on a baking tray.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Put the sockliners back and then, with a pair of ski/snowboard socks, put the liners on your feet and tighten them as much as you want. Put the boots on and tighten them.
- Wait for 15 minutes. You're ready to go!
You can repeat this as often as necessary.".
Ergonomic heel pad ankle foam
The ankle foam padding sections fill the hollow underneath and behind the ankle bone to hold the heel in place.
The level 2 liner contains a foam made in an exclusive Wed'ze material and shape:
- the shape was based on an average of 40 foot scans. It is ideal for holding the foot perfectly in place and can be adapted to everyone.
- the material:is a soft and firm elastomer foam.
You can feel the support as soon as you slip your feet inside. And when you're riding, there are no pressure points.
3-point liner fastening + Weblock
3-point fastening (instead of 4-point) offers 2 big advantages:
- support: it blocks the heel very well because there's less lace-related rubbing and a maximum amount of energy is transferred to the 3rd point at the ankle.
- warmth: given that there is no 4th tightening point at the instep, the blood flows more easily to the toes.
Weblock: the laces pass through straps, which wrap around the foot, perfectly encasing it within the liner.
Wide hook & loop link between the liner and boot
We have added 2 rip-tabs between the liner and the boot, one each side of the liner.
The retention surface between the liner and boot is 3 times greater on the 500 models than on the 300 models.
The aim? To help prevent the liner from slipping inside the boot, so it's easier to steer the board.
We have added a 2nd thickness of foam on the tongue, at the instep, for 2 reasons:
- to help wedge the foot at the bottom of the liner
- to increase comfort by preventing the lace from cutting off blood circulation in this high-tension area.
Base: grip, foothold, cushioning and thermal insulation
Our new Ultralight sole is 100% EVA.
EVA is a very light material (80% air).
This design is able to resist abrasion whilst upholding the cushioning properties.
It is naturally very insulating and protects from the cold where it is raised from the ground.
We have added large lugs to give you excellent grip. They are spaced quite far apart to prevent snow from getting stuck.
41 > 46 (+ over @ : 47)
wheel + metal cable
Upper of : 100.0% Polyurethane\r\nLining and sock of : 100.0% Ethylene Vinyl Acetate\r\nOuter sole of : 100.0% Ethylene Vinyl Acetate\r\nWarm lining : 100.0% Polyester cationic
"At the end of the day, remove the liners from the uppers to improve ventilation and dry quickly.\nAlso, remove the inner sole from the liner to dry fully overnight."
Men's All-Mountain Snowboard Boots Double Cable Lock Foraker 700 reviews